Monday 19 December 2016

Alphabet projects - Tips and tricks

Hello everyone,
        Riswana here with you today. It feels so good to be blogging after my short crafty break.! I was way too excited when Karuna offered a whooping 1000 INR voucher to shop at Lulupu, the craft lounge !! Of course I couldn't stop there and added my own pile of wishlist goodies on top of it.. and here's my awesomee haul..


I can't wait to work with them and will be sharing the project in my next post. Stay tuned .!

Today I'll be sharing few projects based on Alphabets.. I am always fascinated by them and hoard a big stash of craft supplies based on alphabets, be it stamps, stickers and so on. They are really versatile and I absolutely love that fact. So here we go..

1.Chipboard Alphabets
         Here's a personalised birthday card with the bold Maya Road chipboard alphas in the focus..


    I used Distress inks and gelatos for creating the background on a Neenah solar white CS
    I drew the animals with Brusrtro fine liner pens (they are waterproof) and colored with Zig CCRB pens.


    The chipboards were covered with gesso, heat embosssed with whit EP and coated with glass bead glitter gel for added sparkle and texture.
     The sentiment is from Mudra's Let's Party stampset, white embossed on a red CS and made into a banner.


     I made the card for a sweet Kid's birthday with the party theme being Noah's ark.! i added some baker's twine to go with the sea theme and finally added some sequins to finish off the card.

2.Alphabet stamps
        I can never get enough of alphabet stamps. I use them for adding my own quotes in art journal pages, sentiments on cards and what not. This time I've made a DIY personalised quote frame with alphabet stamps on the focus. This is my first try and I love the results.



      I cut out a Chipboard frame to the required size and coated it heavily with gesso,
      I added Texture paste through Tim Holtz flourishes stencil.
      I sprayed on some Dylusions in the colors of Vibrant turquoise and Crushed grape.
      After it dried, added some inka gold and gesso to bring out the relief areas.



      For the quote, I used a variety of alphabet stamps in different fonts and sizes. Heat embossed few words with Purple and Gold EP. Added some flourishes with Mudra's Fancy flourishes stamp sent and Versafine ink in the color of mint.
      The frame is good to go to be mounted on the wall or displayed on a table.! With Alphabet stamps, the possibilities are truly endless..!!

3.Doodled Alphabets
         If you are a fan of hand drawn elements, again a simple sentiment can be the main focus of your card.!



I just doodled around the alpbhets in a plump sort of way :) I find this font to be really cute.!! Filled in with bright vibrant colors to make the sentiment stand out.
Background is created by using distress inks and doodled upon random physics elements with Uniball signo white gel pen.

I hope you found this post helpful and got some new ideas to try out your own alphabet projects.!
And yes, our December challenge is here with a cool holiday theme. Check out the details Here and do link your projects.!

Supplies used:
Mudra stamps - Brushed Alphas
Mudra stamps - Fancy Flourish
Mudra stamps - Let's party
Inka Gold

C ya soon.
Create. Have fun.
Rhiz

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects. Love the versatile use of alphabets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Preety :) glad you liked it <3

      Delete
  2. Happy to see you back Riswana ! Your cards with adorable hand-drawn images are So cute ! Wonderful way to use the Alpha stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear Pooja :) so happy to hear from you :) <3

      Delete
  3. Awesome dear :) as usual creative n colorful collection :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.