Monday 25 November 2013

Memories of 2013!!!

Hi ya!!!

I am here after a long time…. I was so idle for past few days, where i lost my craft mojo… Here i am back with an Inspiration for the current Lulupu challenge set by Prathiksha… When I heard about this challenge, I couldn't just think of one picture to work on… so I decided to make a photo box with all my favourite snaps and memorable moments of 2013 with a mixed media look to the front panel.

Here is what I made for the Lulupu Challenge #21 - Magical Memories

I went sooooo crazy selecting pictures for my photo box and it was also fun to go through all the picture s we took this year… felt like this year was pretty amazing… Especially we enjoyed the summer.

This is one picture which I loved because it completely reminds me of the awesome road trip to Bushkill falls, Philadelphia.




It is a wooden book box which opens like a drawer, where i loaded the picture. I started it with a base coat of Gesso and left it over night. Gave it textures with lace trim, tissue paper (from packaging), doilies, Die cuts, and modeling paste with stencils.

Tip on Modeling paste: Home made texture pastes are awesome But I mixed store bought Modelling paste / texture paste with dry coarse grinded wheat and gesso to give a coarse texture, I really loved how it turned out.

I randomly tried adding die cuts from stash (ofcourse digital die cuts), could you notice the tree branches die cut in the right and a  flourish die cut in the left. I was so happy how the tree die cut came out, it showed well after spraying…. 

The Spraying part was so muchs fun, i am totally in love with Lindys Sprays. They are amazing. I jsut got my first set Prairie Wildflower, I am sure I am gonna grab as many as I can. This set doesn't have a purple but I got the purple by spraying red and blue together. This really made my project come out well. Do check the Post by Prathiksha on Lindys Stamp Gang Sprays.. for more ideas to use these gorgeous sprays now avaial on Lulupu Store

The photo frame is a chipboard die cut from stash and distress painted and sprinkled some gold embossing powder and heat embossed it and that was the part I started the whole project. Also some random stamping and sprinkles of gold heat embossing to match with the frame. 


Embellished it with lots of stuff like blings, flowers, thickets,  metal findings, clips, etc… 

The sides and backside was painted with purple paint and dry brushed with blue and turquoise.  I used distress paints for the base painting as I dint have any acrylic paints in hand. On the side I added flourishes, stamping and embossing, doest it look like a silk saree? The side part totally reminds me of my moms silk saree.


Pictures loaded inside….




I am just so happy to show you this project, this challenge really made me to do something which ll be with me forever with everlasting memories. Hope to see your gorgeous entries now. Just 5 more days for the challenge to end1

ciao…

love,

Varshitha..



6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful treasure, Varshitha...loaded with memories . Am sure the experience of going thru the photos from this box will be even more memorable cos there's somuch love and hardwork out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waoo ! so good ! Love the layering and the misting ! Yummy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.